Violet Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Violet Knights

The headquarters of the order of the Violet Knights

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Another check in after two years
Addressing Issues EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 2:11 am by douchenip

» Hope everyone's been great through the years
Addressing Issues EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 4:35 am by jamester13

» happy new years
Addressing Issues EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:36 am by jamester13

» Where yall at?
Addressing Issues EmptyThu May 05, 2016 6:38 am by douchenip

» will someone if anyone sees this contact me
Addressing Issues EmptyThu May 05, 2016 6:15 am by jamester13

» Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Addressing Issues EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:30 pm by J-pop princess

» the hell you all at?
Addressing Issues EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:30 pm by J-pop princess

» i'm going back to parukia...i guess
Addressing Issues EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:04 pm by C.C

Top posters

J-pop princess (739)
Addressing Issues I_vote_lcapAddressing Issues I_voting_barAddressing Issues I_vote_rcap 
C.C (422)
Addressing Issues I_vote_lcapAddressing Issues I_voting_barAddressing Issues I_vote_rcap 
Lúthien (410)
Pervy Sage-Silver (381)
Indigo Wyvern (307)
Flareblitz (307)
shadowing507 (200)
Vanity (186)
douchenip (149)
Zima of the data (131)

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 am

3 posters

Addressing Issues

Tupac Shakur
    Tupac Shakur

Forum points : 39310

Addressing Issues Empty Addressing Issues

Post by Tupac Shakur Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Heeelllooo my beautiful children.

I've been meaning to post this awhile ago, (Finally grew some balls so i'm doing it now.)

A few thing's i'd like to  bring up for discussion.

1.) Recruitment

2.) Alliances

3.) Clan representation

Recruitment:

Honestly as i've been seeing the [F] channel filled with [EF] tags, now this is kinda bothersome for me, for obvious reasons the [F] channel should be the home and sanctuary of the [F] tag. I don't wear my tag because all my ladder ranks are on my other alt, which i'd rather keep than re-laddering a new alt.

I'm a general member of the Tournaments channel on PO, and that channel has lot's of talent un-touched and ready for the picking, i've noticed 0 [F] members besides myself are in this channel. Enter some tournaments! it's a great way to show off that tag and the clan name, even recruit a few friends you make there.

Alliances:

''Check out our Alliances: [SLeague],[Team Magma],[EF],[Zero]''

Sleague? never heard of em, but ok. Team Magma, you do realize this is just a small clan that never really got anywhere, in my opinion not worth having as an ally. Zero? who? I dont recognize the tag and the [Zero] channel on po is un-registered.

Honestly if you want to make an alliance, do it with a clan you know is worth it. A clan that's gonna benefit you in wars and maybe training your members and vice versa, you don't have to personally like a clan to make an alliance, and alliance is a mutual understanding of each others strengths, it's not about if you like or hate a certain person, or people in that clan.

Clan representation
    :

This bring's me back to the tournaments channel, the general consensus is that 'clans' are useless and pointless etc, people's view's on clans are so easily manipulated by these people who refer to us as 'clanfags'.

What I suggest is that you join some other clans channels, public channels, hangman, trivia, tournaments. etc. This way you can scout talent and other assets because you're not gonna find it all in Tohjo Falls. And because [F] allows multi-clanning (I think) go ahead and invite people from other clans to [F]. Sure as hell that's what [EF] is doing, it's a scumbag tactic to steal members, but most times it needs to be done.

Note: I'm not a professional clan manager, i'm not the owner, moderator or admin, of this clan, these are personal views and opinions. Wither you take them to mind or not, they're here and I hope you all understand i'm not trying to beat the clan down.

Post your thoughts please on all of this!

Love you all, Tupac Shakur
    J-pop princess
    J-pop princess
    (✿◠‿◠) "Kawaii~Desu!"
    (✿◠‿◠)

Forum points : 67807

Addressing Issues Empty Re: Addressing Issues

Post by J-pop princess Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm thinking of closing the forum and disbanding the clan ._.
    douchenip
    douchenip

Forum points : 48875

Post by douchenip Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Now let me address your issues.

1. About the tournament channel, F isn't meant to be a highly competitive clan, hence the low entry requirement, i for one used to play in ever tournament in tiers in which i had a team when i actively played.

2. Recruitment is always going to be slow as if you just ask in a general channel its against the rules and considered advertising. as for going through and PMing players 1 by 1 get to it, have fun Razz

3. All of F's ally's were somewhat big clans at one point or another, including magma which had 15-20 active members before the leader left unannounced and quit PO, which is why i left magma for F. Zero,Sleague used to be active clans as well, and theirs still a few Sleague players in the F channel quite often.
    And theirs people who are quite strong in F and its ally clans, although we could use a new bigger ally such as IDM

4. As for clan representation it brings me back to point 1. being that F is not a serious or competitive clan, sure we could go ask for people to join us all day long but its not worth it in the end as most people recruited wont remain active or get involved, even now some of the most active members of F don't often frequent the forums.

After saying all this im sure you can counter argue that F is going to die without recruitment, and while i doubt that will happen anytime soon again recruiting on PO is almost against the rules so its hard to do, easier to just ask your opponent in a battle...
    I'm also not quite sure you realize a 14 year old girl is running the clan, maintaining the forums, and organizing all events of F. And since nightmare left im sure its only gotten harder on Hilda.

Anyways im glad to see your actually becoming a forum member and posting frequently, thats always a good thing.

(PS) Hilda ignore the trolls...
    Tupac Shakur
    Tupac Shakur

Post by Tupac Shakur Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 pm

I never said [F] had to be a competitive clan, now did I?

participating in the general populations activites gurantees the tag is seen and the clan is known, I couldn't care less if we were good battlers or not. There are many ways to recruit, obviously making friends BEFORE you recruit them is a good idea, you dont just randomly pm someone saying ''join my clan?'' thats retarded cause you aren't giving them any reason to.

Also, IK Hilda is running this on her own, that why I want to help her, I dont see any of you guys formulating any ideas or plots to keep this clan going, so i took initiative.

If I dont know wtf i'm talking about, I dont say anything. In this case I do.
    douchenip
    douchenip

Post by douchenip Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Tupac Shakur wrote:I never said [F] had to be a competitive clan, now did I?

participating in the general populations activites gurantees the tag is seen and the clan is known, I couldn't care less if we were good battlers or not. There are many ways to recruit, obviously making friends BEFORE you recruit them is a good idea, you dont just randomly pm someone saying ''join my clan?'' thats retarded cause you aren't giving them any reason to.

Also, IK Hilda is running this on her own, that why I want to help her, I dont see any of you guys formulating any ideas or plots to keep this clan going, so i took initiative.

If I dont know wtf i'm talking about, I dont say anything. In this case I do.
    You did not but you did say make strong allys who can help with war or training which would be competitive and the tournament channel is mostly competitive as well

as for keeping the clan going, it was perfectly fine before night left, taking rick with him. and alot of F members are under 18 which means school 8 hours a day, homework for probably 2 then parents and such the rest. hell most of PO is just casual players or younger school kids

and again with the recruiting, its hard to do on PO as its against the rules to just say it in a PO channel such as tohjo,tournaments,hangman,trivia.

if you can think of a decent way to recruit ACTIVE players who will frequent the forums and our channel feel free to let me know
    Tupac Shakur
    Tupac Shakur

Post by Tupac Shakur Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Excuse me but i've spent a lot of time in tournaments, you have everything there. The people who want to make the leaderboard, people who join for fun, people who only join certain tiers.

Honestly if I have to defend my own opinions why even bother?

You all dont want this clan to die? do something about it. Don't sit around pointing fingers and asking each other what went wrong. I didn't join this clan for it to die a month after I join, honestly if you people can't take contructive criticism then I won't give it. Like I said this is a personal opinion given by a guy who actually gives a fuck. My word probably doesn't hold any meaning in the way this clan is ran anyway.

Good day to you all.
    douchenip
    douchenip

Post by douchenip Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Tupac Shakur wrote:Excuse me but i've spent a lot of time in tournaments, you have everything there. The people who want to make the leaderboard, people who join for fun, people who only join certain tiers.

Honestly if I have to defend my own opinions why even bother?

You all dont want this clan to die? do something about it. Don't sit around pointing fingers and asking each other what went wrong. I didn't join this clan for it to die a month after I join, honestly if you people can't take contructive criticism then I won't give it.

Good day to you all.
    so much for a friendly discussion about the issues and addressing them, you rage when getting criticism on things you asked for us to bring up.

and now that your already raging i might as well bring up the fact you wont wear your F tag because of laddering, theirs alot of F members with alts who have low score and still show the tag, thats called support buddy, and for someone who has their own channel aka your kings rock channel, whom as of right now has close to 10 people without clan tags, why aren't you asking them?

anyways when you calm down you can talk to hilda about the issues and how to resolve them more as it is her clan and she makes the final decision
    J-pop princess
    J-pop princess
    (✿◠‿◠) "Kawaii~Desu!"
    (✿◠‿◠)

Forum points : 67807

Post by J-pop princess Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:44 am

locking this argument

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm